Monday, January 21, 2013

Break The Fast, Eat Breakfast

We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day.  Why don't people eat it?  I know everyone has their own excuse/reason. Whatever it may be,  I am going to shatter all your excuses and inspire you to eat a healthy breakfast.  Below are pictures of breakfasts I have made for myself and my family.  From start to finish, these dishes took 8-10 minutes to make.  If time is your excuse, wake up ten minutes earlier.  Your body deserves a healthy start of the day and if you start out healthy the rest of your  meals can go in that direction.

Donuts and bagels are a thing of the past for you.  Oatmeal can be boring. You need some healthy options to get you going in the morning and keep you full.  Notice: after eating a donut or a bagel only I was hungry about an hour later. You know why?  I ate carbs and sugar.  Not an ideal meal to begin the day with.

A perfect breakfast for me has a little bit of everything.... protein, healthy fats, a few carbs, and natural sugars.
Oh, almost forgot.  Coffee!  Black coffee!
My reminder cup

Humor at Target




All of the ingredients used in ALL of these dishes were from leftovers .  Don't toss out even the smallest amount of  veggies, rice, potatoes, or meat. You will notice the dishes pictured do not contain any meat, I don't eat it.




Rice, black beans, corn, spinach, cilantro
I added two eggs.


Lots of left-over veggies from my garden steamed. Brown rice added.
Sweet potato, spinach, and eggs are tasty in a wrap and can be eaten on the go.
                             
Fave! Sweet potato, spinach, rice.  Can sub couscous

Yukon gold, peppers, spinach and eggs
*** Edited  You can add lean turkey, bacon, or lean chicken breast to any of these.


I hope that gets your creative juices flowing.  Breakfast can be quick and easy by just saving left-overs. A little of this and a handful of that along with a couple eggs or egg whites is a simple breakfast.

Feel free to share your ideas on my FaceBook Page.  You can inspire me too, ya know.

Thanks for reading,
Wendy


No comments: