Thursday, March 8, 2012

Happiness is... MOUNTAIN BIKING

  Yesterday, March 7th , I took my first mountain bike ride of  2012.  I have been working on other things , and have not scheduled any " training rides " for the past two months.  I headed to Lost Valley, it was 70 degrees, and the trails were perfect.  I will admit to being a little nervous since my single speed has been gathering dust since December.  Did I still know how to do this?   I had a 32x19 set up and hoped I had the legs to push it.

Aaahhhhh.... singletrack

Having time to ride only one 10 mile loop, I made the best of it.  In short, I had a perfect, clean ride.  The hills, both long and short, I seemed to pedal up almost effortlessly.  I did not bobble or have to put a foot down anywhere.  I felt incredibly strong and, as an added bonus, I regained my confidence.

Spring has arrived

Pulling into my driveway, I still had a huge smile on my face.  I hopped out of my car and jumped up and down, hootin' and hollerin'. ( I know it's hard to imagine )   My neighbor saw me and he said " what the ..."  I yelled back " can I get a hell yeah" . He obliged me and then asked why I was so happy.  I told him I just got back from an awesome ride in the woods.  He said " yeah, but don't you do that all the time" ?

Very few people understand what my happiness is.  My happiness comes from being healthy and active.    My happiness is living the life I created.  My happiness thrives from being able to run, ride, and play outdoors. My happiness increases by showing others the way.

No matter what your happiness is, get out there and do it.  Happiness is a choice.  Choose it.

No comments: