Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Hunting For Leprechauns







Sydney blew out the candles on her birthday cake and we were off to spend another weekend in the woods.   She had requested a weekend of hiking,  playing on rocks, and some swimming.  Of course, we can accommodate that.  This would be our second trip to Powder Mill.  Three years earlier, my 40th birthday, was spent there.

Heading out


Our campsite

This is where we are going?
Coffee in hand, we began our 1 1/2 mile trek to Blue Springs.  Sydney and I had completed this hike in our pj's in 2009.  Jim was busy taking sawyer certification classes while we enjoyed our day.


All dressed up and ready to go



Getting our HIKE on


Is that a Leprechaun?



First snake 


Journal time



We made it


What an honor




Family feet
That was the coldest water I have ever felt.  Sydney loved it and we had to gently discourage her from doing a belly flop into it.

Family photo

SuperGirl


Hello spring



Pulled a tooth today



Perfect packing


Our Subaru holds a LOT of gear.  You just have to pack it correctly.


I found that rock


Destination #2
We spent Saturday night in the backcountry.  My first sleep over in a working forest.

 
Working forest




Waterfall


Early a.m. hike with Dad for rocks
Done
   I love weekends with my family.

1 comment:

Kate Geisen said...

What a good time! :) I am sooo ready to go camping. Once soccer season is over, we're definitely hitting the road!