Thursday, March 1, 2012

My First







I loved English class.  My high school teacher had us write in our journals everyday.  He told me, way back then, that I had a "unique honesty" in my writing.  He let me write special pieces for extra credit.  He urged me to write about growing up as a child in the seventies, what it was like being a female jock, and what it felt like to run. All topics I was familiar with.  I wish I had saved those papers.  I did save my journal, and glanced through it about a year ago.  Wow, did I write about some crazy stuff.

I have had an on again, off again love affair with writing.  When I was going through tough times, writing about it seemed to give me a voice.  When I felt like my life out of control, I would write about it to clear my head and gain some perspective.   Back in April of 2010, I wrote my first blog entry, on the retired blog.  I had no idea if anyone would see it, much less read it.  I did not let those doubts keep me from writing.

Last year I took a writing class and loved it.  I learned so much in such a short time, it has left me hungry for more.  As time passed, my followers grew and an opportunity knocked at my door. The Ozark Trail Association puts out a magazine called The Connector.  I was asked to write an article for this years edition.  Long story here.


Write from the heart



Well, it's spring, and the magazine will be out later this month.  I have already seen it, and I must say, I felt so many emotions at once , I was glad no one was around to witness it.  At first, my mouth fell open, next my eyes started to tear, and then I felt like I...  wow, I did that.  I can't even begin to describe what it feels like to see my name in print.  Big, bold letters, spelling out my name. Very cool.  There are two pictures that were chosen, and they are perfect for what I wrote about.

I am not able to share it with you just yet, but will let you know where you can pick up a copy.  I will be able to provide you with a link to where you can view it online also.  If you would like it autographed, teee-heee, that can also be arranged.  Until I get the word, you can view last years copy here.  


Exactly

1 comment:

Kate Geisen said...

This is so cool. Congratulations!!