Monday, April 9, 2012

What Are You Waiting For???

While on a training ride last week, a funeral procession passed me.  Whenever I see one it really makes me think how fortunate I am.  Not just to be breathing, but to be ALIVE. Really alive.  I was trying to get away from the procession, but it seemed to be following me.  Every turn I took, there they were. Cars with the orange funeral sticker in the window.   Finally, I thought I had seen the last of them... only to find out we where headed in the same direction.  

  I was in the middle of my ride while they were getting out of their cars to say good-bye to their loved one. 


 I stopped across the street and watched as the coffin came out of the limo.  Tears welled up in my eyes and I wondered how this person died.  Where they just old?  Possible accident?  Or was it from diabetes, obesity or some other disease? 

After a few minutes I collected myself and was able to pedal again.  I understand now why I could not seem to out-pedal them.  I needed my ride to be interrupted that day.  I needed to remember where I came from in order  to focus on where I am going.   

I know first hand what it is like to be the "walking dead".  I know what depression is.  I totally comprehend what it feels like to be obese.  I am confident too, that there is no way in hell I will ever feel those things again.    Furthermore, if death wants to take me he better pack a lunch, because I will not go quickly or quietly.  I will fight. 


This will not be my final resting place.  I have requested to be scattered  on trails and mountains.


     You may not get this opportunity again.  Change your life today.  

No comments: